Research & Dissertation
Completed research projects
.Photo Activated Disinfection of Root Canals.
- .Incidence of MB2 Canals in Maxillary Molars in South Indian Population.
- .Antimicrobial Property of Garlic Extract.
- .Comparative Fracture Resistance of Teeth with Root Canals were Prepared Using Three Different Rotary Endodontic Systems
- .MTA and Portland Cement. A Comparision of their Chemical Composition and their sealability when used as a Repair material for Furcal Perforations – an invitro study.
- .Comparative Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of Egg White as a Storage medium for Avulsed Tooth and Comparison with HBSS, Coconut Water and ORS – an invitro study.
- .Comparative Study of Antifungal Efficacy of 5.25% sodium Hypochlorite 2% Chlorhexidine, 5% Doxycycline Hydrochloride with and without Clotrimazole in Extracted Teeth Innoculated with Candida Albicans – an invitro study.
- .Inhibitory Effect of Yogurt Extract on Dental Enamel Demineralisation. an invitro study.
Ongoing Research projects
- .Dissolution of fractured NITI &SS endodontic files in root canal by electrochemical process an in vitro study
- .Comparative evaluation of the dissolution potential of carbonic acid ,chlorhexidine,EDTA& saline on white MTA
- .Comparison of root canal transportation on centering ability of Twisted files &Protaper files with stainless steel files using micro CT
- .Comparative histologic evaluation of direct pulp capping with MTA & propolis
- .Evaluation of anticariogenic effect of crude extract of piper betle by assessing its action on salivary pH
- .Comparative evaluation of morinda citrifolia juice,green tea polyphenols,triphala and NaOCl as an endodontic irrigant against e faecalis.An in vitro study
- .Coparative evaluation of 70% isopropyl alcohol,distilled water ,normal saline to remove NaOCl before irrigating with chlorhexidine gluconate
- .Comparative evaluation of efficacy of protaper retreatment system and H files in GP removal during root canal retreatment.An in vitro study
- .Reinforcement of Weakened Root Canal Walls with Fibre Posts and Flowable Composite – Case series. April 2010, Kerala Dental Journal.
- .Recent Advances in Root Canal Disinfection. Oct 2010, Kerala Dental Journal.
- .Wide Open Apices? MTA is the Answer. Nov 2010. Indian Dentist Research and Review.
- .Recent Advances in root canal disinfection,Leeba Varghese,Jolly Mary Varghese,2010;KDJ
- . .Unusual foreign object in root canal-A case report, 2011;KDJ;34;180-182
- . .Reinforcement of root canal with thin dentinal wall using flowable composite and fibre post,Varna R,N.O.Varghese,Jolly Mary Varughese,KDJ Vol.33,pg 75
- .Repair of Lateral Root Perforation with MTA. A Case Report. (in press).
- .Porcelain Laminates. Say Cheese with Confidence. (in press)
- .Rehabilitation of Structurally Compromised Teeth Using Aesthetic Posts – Case Reports (in press)
DETAILS OF RESEARCH
Dr. C.R. Sobhana
RESEARCH – 2010
- Mandibular subcondylar fracture- Surgical treatment and conservative management
- Clinical evaluation of use of platelet rich plasma in bone healing’
- Microbiology and antimicrobial agents; sensitivity of orofacial odontogenic space injection a clinical study
- Plate guided transport distraction osteogenesis
- Outcome of arthrocentesis in patients with internal derangement of temporomandibular joint with disc reduction and without disk reduction
- Third molar impaction in different facial type and mandibular length
- Bone augmentation and sinus left followed by immediate placement of implants-using a lateral window. Surgical technique. RDJ vol. 34, No.1 Jan 2011
Dr. Mohan S
RESEARCH – 2010
- Reconstruction of mandible using hydroxyl apetite
- Soft tissue people changes following sagital split osteotomy
Dr. Ajith kumar
Dr. Deepti Simon
1. X-ray diffraction studies of submandibular gland calculi
Dr. Dain C. Pearl
1. Oral markers in cardiovascular risk population- A cross section study comparing urban and rural population